Just had a meeting with a neurologist who also does pediatric neurology.
She had some very helpful advice, but the one thing I found out that is scary is that pediatric neurology is now mostly a combined degree program. So if I go that route, I am ruling out all other specialities, and if I go gen peds, the chances of me getting into a pedi neuro program sharply decline.
Oh what to do?? I think I liked pedi neuro too much to just give up on it like this, just because it's a combined degree program with limited spots. And it saddens me that I can't just do a gen peds residency and THEN get into a pedi neuro program after I've given everything else a fair shot.
:(
Choices, choices....
Not fun to have to make decisions before you feel ready to make them. Praying you get the information/insight/writing-on-the-wall needed ASAP to help you determine which way to go!
ReplyDelete