We can walk to the grocery store, to tons of restaurants, to the train station that runs into the heart of NYC, to my work, to the local pharmacy and to several awesome coffee shops and bagel places. And we can visit cool places like this:
And eat hot Japanese street food.
I feel so lucky and fortunate. My work place looks completely awesome...
... And I can't wait to be walking its halls and serving its children.
Meanwhile, awesome things happen during fourth year.
Things that are funny.
I know I've changed my mind a lot about what I want to do, but recently I've been drawn to critical care. Maybe because I want to take care of really sick people, because that's what drew me to medicine in the first place. It would be difficult and stressful and some people might be skeptical, but if there is anything I have learned from marrying young and having a baby quickly and going to med school all in the same five year span, it's that sometimes what you're supposed to do isn't the easy thing, but you realize that it was the best thing after all.
We have been packing like mad little pack rats. I swear, we the people of the Unites States have WAY TOO MUCH CRAP. We kept stuffing trash bag after trash bag of absolutely nothing of value, and there were still more random things to throw away. And I thought we didn't have that much stuff. I was wrong. We had a LOTof stuff. A lot of worthless, worthless junk that is now helping fill a dump somewhere out in West Texas.
Out of fiscal necessity, we are renting one (1) UBox from U-Haul, which measures 5 by 7 by 8 and we will be fitting all of our earthly possessions, sans ourselves, our car, and clothes/toys for the road, into that box. We scrapped nearly all of our furniture, including a mattress that was falling apart, and will be starting from scratch up in the Garden State. IKEA in NJ is about to make a lot of money off of us.
And then in addition to our upcoming cross-country car trip with a 3 year old, I have a 50-point to-do list, including a massive amount of online training modules to complete, which I hate. Not gonna lie, a little part of me wants to scream.
ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
But then, you know, there's this:
Everything will be just fine.







I love this. That is all.
ReplyDelete