Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Super Momma

The older I get, the more I appreciate and respect my super duper momma. Andrew calls her a tornado of efficiency. The zodiac says she was born in the year of the Tiger. Others find her intimidating for being a stay-at-home mom with a Ph.D. in linguistics. She's taught every grade from kindergarten to graduate students at Dallas Theological Seminary. Personally, I grew up knowing to never cross my mother.

Well, my super mom is doing it again. She's nearing retirement age, but today she has a full house. In addition to me being here with Miriam--I am studying in a back room--she is homeschooling Jason. One of the Raine boys is coming over in 30 minutes for their abacus class. Two adorable Aubin girls (2 and 1 1/2) are also over, playing with legos in the living room while Kara cleans house. I offered to help, but my mother chased me into my study room with a bowl of hot noodles, which she had magically whipped up for lunch while a) feeding Miriam, b) watching two toddlers c) coaching Jason's studies and d) cleaning while she did so. Yes, I kid you not. The kitchen is clean.

How does she do it!? If I become a tenth the woman my mother is, I will be quite impressed with myself.

1 comment:

  1. oh my dear Jenny. you're in med school, passing many classes, and you are a new mother, not that long married either really... i think you are probably doing just fine in the tenth-the-woman-as-my-mother arena ;)

    ReplyDelete