Monday, July 12, 2010

Yes I'm Alive!

Contrary to popular belief, I have not given up writing in this blog! Today's post will be short, because I have an exam tomorrow. I am briefly taking a break from studying the head to update y'all on my life.

Miriam got sick for the very first time, and it is soooo sad. She had a high fever and all she wanted to do was be held and cuddle. We were good parents: we took her to the doc, let her sleep in our room again, rocked her to sleep when she woke up fussy, bought her Pedialyte and all that... She is still not 100% but at least her fever is gone! Having a baby sick for the first time is so nerve wracking. My thoughts go out to all parents with ICU babies... oi, that is tough and a terrible thing.

On the upside, I am not entirely ready for this exam, but I just can't bring myself to worry too much. I got a 98% on my last test, so I don't have to do perfect this time around, right? (And THIS is why my grades after a good test always tend to be poor(er))! I am a lazy butt.

Currently I am at Starbux because it is difficult for me to study around a fussy baby--I just want to hold her and comfort her. I also discovered that they have free wifi, finally! Sheesh, it only took forever for this place to catch up with the entire rest of the coffeeshop universe! Who agrees?

I am looking forward to seeing my homies--Katie and Nicole--this weekend, and to having good times talking and maybe shopping. Maybe. Andrew and I took a long hard look at our finances and realized --oops!-- between my birthday and our anniversary we'd spent just a *tad* too much. Well, you gotta be REALLY poor sometime, right? Hahaha... I can't wait until I'm off loan money and making a real paycheck in a steady job. Money matters stress me out.

One last note before I sign off: YOUR FACE IS AMAZING. Seriously. There is more stuff above the neck then there is below it. So many tiny nerves and muscles. I would love to go into more detail but my break time is over. For now, pat your head and tell it "good job." It's pretty cool.



1 comment: