Anyway, I brought her Mr. Bear and she fell right asleep on my bed! I lay down next to her to make sure that she was falling asleep, and I kissed the top of her head and felt the most amazing rush of mommy-love. I used to think that I knew what it might feel like to be a mother. I remember feeling lots of those little "love-whooshes" when I held Jason as a baby.
Seriously, though, all my fuzzy feelings for my little brother don't hold a candle to the epic sort of oxytocin STORM that mother's feel when they are bonding with their baby. It's the most thrilling, the most beautiful, most perfect feeling--second only to how I felt when I married Andrew--and it feels so urgent and overwhelming, it's nearly primal in nature. It /is/ primal I guess :).
I always heard parents tell me they never imagined they could love a little person so much. Now when I talk about Miriam, I find myself saying the exact same thing because it is true. When Miriam was born, the parent in me was born, and I could have never imagined loving that little bundle of poopy bum-bum so much.
When Miriam was snoozing on my bed, I got teary-eyed just looking at her chubby face with little lashes resting on it. I would do anything to protect this girl, and I want so badly to be the best parent I can be, in my own faulty way.
Sometimes I forget how much I love Miriam, especially when she's throwing a tantrum and the house is dirty and I have buttloads of studying to do. But at the end of the day she's got my heart all twisted around her little pinky and that's how it's supposed to be :).
Just wanted to say that though it's been awhile, it's really good to hear how well you and Miriam (and hopefully Andrew :o) are doing. Praying for you guys! :o)
ReplyDeleteAmen, dear girl!
ReplyDelete