I've been having a lot of fun being creative on my new creativity blog, penniesandhearts.blogspot.com. If you have a moment head on over and check it out :). It is sort of biased for the ladies right now, by the way, but I will eventually have art and writing up there, too.
I have been on OB/GYN for ... five days now. I LOVE IT! When I hit the floor and heard, "24 yo G1P1A0, postpartum day 1 s/p SVD, EBL 500mL c/b chorioamnionitis s/p amp/gent..." I breathed a sigh of relief. Back to real medicine. Ahhh............ I was even happy to be scrubbing in to the OR! And being on call overnight! (This is how much I disliked psychiatry.)
I've seen several babies delivered, cut placental cords, watched twin vaginal births (one twin was breech!!), saw a stat C-section, stat dilatation and curettage for uncontrolled bleeding, and heard an awful lot of yelling. Loving it. Birth is a miracle.
Also, just for the record, for the next baby, I'm definitely getting an epidural. Especially after the mondo vaginal tears I've seen, I'm not at all ashamed to say, I-don't-want-to-feel-that-when-it-gets-sewn-up. Guys, appreciate what women go through to make your babies.
I get the feeling I will have lots of fun stories to add to my repertoire of crazy medical school experiences after this rotation is over. Can't wait :).
2nd degree tear without an epidural. Really wasn't bad/scary at all. The human body is freakin' amazing. :) Glad you're liking OBGYN!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous! That sounds so fun. I wish they let us regular people do that. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're doing something you enjoy. :)