Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The End of MS3

I completed my last call.

I wrote my last notes.

All that's left is one exam between me and my fourth year of medical school.

It's been an incredible year, and looking back, it has all gone by so fast! I can't believe it! And what better way to end MS3 than to hear the following from my small group mentor, who has also been my attending for the past month:

"Jenny, I rarely ever do this. In sixteen years of teaching, I have given out 6 A's. But, I spoke with your interns and your resident, and we all agree: you deserve an A. Congratulations."

And then my mentor told me that what she wanted to see next was something she called "gravitas." Apparently, I do not have gravitas. I am a short squeaky Asian who loves Hello Kitty, and my attending is a 6'4" Dominican Republic goddess who wears pointed patent heels, turquoise leather jackets  and exudes authority. I cannot compete!

But she does have a point. In a year's time, I will be officially an MD: a board-certified professional in human disease. I will need to master this to inspire confidence in my patients and their families, and I think I am more than ready for this to happen. This is what I have wanted since I was 4 years old, and it's about time for me to start owning it :).

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo freaking proud of you! I am so happy to see your dreams coming true before your eyes! God is so good! I love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, that's awesome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's just 1 year!!!! oh my stars!! You are a rockstar

    ReplyDelete