Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Times and Happy Birthday

Today is Andrew's 24th birthday! We are dropping off Miriam at my parents' place tonight and going out to Aboca's Italian Grill. We love this restaurant. It's small, authentic, family-run, and it's freaking BYOB.

This week has been great. No, let me rephrase that. This week has been AWESOME. I think it's making up for the crappy first few weeks.

We took Miriam out a second time to--go figure--another coffeeshop. This one is called Crooked Tree and is very close to our apartment as well. What's more, it has an awesome atmosphere: it's located in a house! Or, at least, what used to be a house. The street the shop is located on is full of businesses located in adorable remodeled houses. I would totally live there.


I studied and Andrew reviewed his novel (he finished a first draft right before baby was born, and now that things are settling into kind of a routine, he is working on revisions). Miriam slept as pictured above :).

Last night was similarly fun. We accidentally took a 3-hour nap in the middle of the day, so we stayed up late that evening and ushered in Andrew's day of birth by watching four straight hours of the first season of Heroes (available on Netflix!). Miriam was fussy and wanting to be held and nursed until 2 a.m. anyway. I fell in love with Hiro, the adorable Japanese geek who can bend the space-time continuum. He is also the most realistic character in the show, HA.

When Miriam finally went to bed, she slept for over 5 hours. Almost 6. I woke up when she cried at 8:30 a.m. and my first thought was, hey, why do I feel so awesome? Then I looked at the clock and was very happy. There is a huge difference between 4 hours and 5.5 hours of sleep. I don't know why, but it is simply magical.

Miriam is beginning to make cute little gurgling "Hey I'm awake" sounds, so I will wrap this up with some pictures of our 3.5 week old, 9 lb, 11 oz turd factory.

I think babies stretching are so cute. So is M's hair--it sticks straight up after a bath.

Miriam, drunk with milk.

Hey! Watsup? I'm awake!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, little niece. How ja doing. This is your uncle Jason. Do you know what? You look like you have acorns in your cheeks! And do you know what? I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really love ya!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Heroes. Although I'm more of a Peter fan.

    And your baby looks more and more beautiful each time I see her. One more week, then I get to see her for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me laugh that she's already a coffeeshop aficionado. She's lovely. So glad you got a wee bit more sleep!

    ReplyDelete