Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Saturdays are nice. At 11:30 a.m. I was still in my PJ's, in bed, talking to my baby who was babbling back at me. At noon I was taking a nice hot shower. At 1:30 p.m. I ate "breakfast" and cleaned. The rest of the day alternated between playing with baby and listening to physiology lectures.

That night we had a game night with some new friends: Jenn and Adam (Jenn is a classmate of mine), and Prisca and Colin (Prisca knows Andrew from way back). We played Scrabble and ate delicious food prepared by Jenn and Adam. We all enjoyed cheese from Andrew's work. It was fun, and I felt very married in a good way. And I must say, for a group of lawyers and doctors-in-training, the conversation was low-key and casual :). Altogether a very pleasant way to spend Saturday.

Last week's Saturday was also excellent. Andrew will be hard-pressed to top future V-days.

Now I readily acknowledge that Valentine's is hokey at best. But no matter what I say to the contrary, in my heart of hearts IT DOES MATTER. Andrew found this out the hard way when we first started dating. I said I didn't care about V-day, he believed me, and it was disastrous. Ever since, Andrew has been careful to take that opportunity to show me just how much he loves me.

So on Saturday, Andrew surprised me by calling on his way home from work and instructing me to pack up because we were going out. The next thing I knew, we were on the road in my mom's minivan with Miriam, a box of chocolate figs, toothbrushes and dress clothes.

???

I finally figured out that we were going to Tulsa when Andrew got on 75 North. He drove me ALL the way to Tulsa for a Sunday dinner on a double V-day date with Asher and Leslie! We ate at the French restaurant where we were engaged :). What a hubby. We stayed until Monday and saw lots of friends, and we miss them all already. Those of you whom we didn't get to see, know that you are missed, too!

This week is a test week. I'm not feeling too bad about it yet, though, because I am almost done with Tuesday's lab already. So I basically have all week to thoroughly review, which is good because I need a good grade. Hehe...

Well this turned out to be a longer post than I had expected. What's my conclusion?

LIFE IS GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. glad you have married friends! and that you got to sleep in.
    And i'm glad you got to go to TULSA!!! that's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo happy for you Jenny and proud of you too. I'm super bummed that I didn't get to see you guys while you were here in Tulsa. Next time your hear I'd love to see you. Would you give me a call sometime? May God Bless you, Andrew, and of course little Miriam!!!
    -Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a wonderful Valentine's Day surprise and new friends! :o) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete