... that always makes me sick! So it's spring break, and I am in bed, blargh. My wonderful mother is helping take care of Miriam because I can hardly lift the big baby, I am sooo exhausted.
Nonetheless, I have been sleeping all day and I am finally feeling a bit better. And since it is spring break, and I have time, I started thinking about clothes! I got online to look at the Target sales. The other day I was also looking at clothes by Anthropologie. I love their looks (not their price tag), but the fashion in there only makes me a little wistful. I need to update my wardrobe to grad student/professional careerwoman. Bohemian-chic and mainstreamed thrift-store looks should not be creeping into my clothes, sadly. I also have too many pieces that scream I AM IN COLLEGE. (T-shirts with stupid prints and the ubiquitous hoodie). Those have got to go.
Soon I will say goodbye to my super-awesome low-riders with the HUGE holes in the knees (I think my college girlfriends might know what pair of pants I'm talking about). Even my "nicer" pieces that were good enough for TU look pretty shabby now. (Some of my colleagues are AWESOME dressers, I am so jealous of their taste!). I think I need to also start the hunt for some good shoes, not just $10 flats from Wal-Mart.
What happened to the all the hippies? Well I think they all grew up, got jobs, kids, and mortgages. Yup yup yup... adulthood calls to my clothing. I am a mom and a physician-in-training and an adult, and I should probably pay attention to what my clothes are saying. Look the part, yo.
Or....
maybe I just love any excuse to go SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
about getting sick... I have heard that sometimes your body won't let you get sick as long as you're running amuck and doing work all the time... and as soon as you feel relieved of the stresses of life and let your guard down, BAM. sickness. It kind of makes sense. And, I'm so with you on the clothes thing. Hope you feel better soon. You should drink water with a splash of bragg's organic apple cider vinegar. I drink it every day. Tell me what you think about it if you try it.
ReplyDeletehahah you make me laugh, i still am fighting the desire to keep wearing my college wardrobe though, i just love the jeans and hoodie feel, yesterday i pulled out the heels and after four hours remembered why i never wear them!! i think my little toe nail might actually fall off! have fun shopping though ;)
ReplyDeleteYou can't get /rid/ of those jeans; they're just you. Save them for the weekends, or something. When I started working, I was a professional during the week, and a barely 22-year-old on Saturdays -- it's a good compromise.
ReplyDelete