Last week our car started making strange noises and was getting very difficult to steer. We figured out that the power steering fluid is low, so our cheap ($4.32 cheap) fix was to buy some fluid and fill 'er up, but since then we have determined that we have a leak. Boo. That means mechanics, and that means $$. Maybe we will just keep buying power steering fluid and refilling as needed. Ha... so ghetto. But seriously. I'm considering it.
Friday afternoon, Jasper came to visit! He stayed the whole weekend and it was awesome. My mom's bday was Saturday, so this weekend was busy. I bought her a bunch of stackable mugs because she's been complaining for years about the random assortment of unstackable, unmatching coffee cups in her cupboard. I suspect that the old mugs will eventually end up in my cupboard.
Sunday was good fellowship at my parents' house and a great discussion on the nature of the church. Afterwards, Andrew, me and Jasper had delicious bar food at the Idle Rich Pub, and then spent the rest of the afternoon drinking copious amounts of coffee to try to defeat the Sunday morning sleepies.
Today was my first day of what feels like fall break. I watched The Office and /finally/ finished my wedding album and got a start on my baby book. Here are some pictures from the engagement section of the wedding album :).


I attempted to clean and was halfway successful, ate way too much ice cream and peanut butter, and then in the afternoon read the good book at Urban Dog with Andrew. I also attempted some photo documentation of our enjoyable time.
Me: "Try to take a normal picture."
Andrew: "Okay."
*click click*
He is such a turd.
There it is... that hint of insanity in his eyes.
He is not the most amenable picture-taker.
His coffee and my tea make better subjects. I only wish I didn't have a craptastic camera that EATS batteries. Well, time to go watch Jim and Pam finally figure out that they are destined for one another :P.
Not gonna lie: being pregnant and in medical school as actually made it far more relaxing than I ever would have expected! I suppose I'll pay dearly for it once the little one arrives, hahaha.
i MISS you guys!
ReplyDeleteoh no!? hopefully the car will just fix itself, i'll ask spencer, seems like he had a power steering issue before and i don't remember him ever doing anything besides giving it lots of power steering fluid :)
ReplyDelete"Maybe we will just keep buying power steering fluid and refilling as needed."
ReplyDeleteNot the worst idea in the world... once I drove from New York to Maine leaking brake fluid. Put in 2.5 bottles in 10 hours, but I made it home. If its power steering and a slower leak I wouldn't worry.
Sounds like so much fun. I miss y'all and good discussions and pubs and all that. Enjoy fall break and Jim and Pam. See you soon!
ReplyDeleteMiss you all, too! Wedding album looks lovely! Very, very glad the baby is doing well. :o)
ReplyDeleteHey, Daughter! Well, now you can say that an actual family member will be following your BLOG! Whoo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Otosan