Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Pregnancy

After nine months of intensive research, I hereby present my very own pros and cons list of being pregnant.

CONS
  • No drinking. (I miss margaritas.)
  • Really tiny bladder.
  • Can't clip my own toenails.
PROS:
  • Eating ANYTHING I WANT, and lots of it.
  • Doing absolutely nothing and not feeling guilty about it.
  • Making my husband do chores (Have YOU made a liver today? Hmm? No? Thought so. THAT'S why YOU get to do the dishes).
  • People carry things for me.
  • Doors get opened very quickly.
  • Being pampered by society in general.
  • Foot and back massages all the time.
  • Sleeping ten hours a night is a necessity, not an indulgence.
  • Extra ice cream "for the baby."
  • Attack of the motherly fuzzies when I see something cute.
  • Going up two cup sizes (FEELING HOTT!).
  • Automatic admittance to the Ministry of Silly Walks (I waddle).
  • Collecting adorable baby items and squealing over each one.
  • Feeling Baby move.
  • Realizing that my body can effin' MAKE A PERSON.
  • Starting a family unit :).
P.S. Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. I was with Kathryn M. quite a lot this weekend and you came up a few times :) Just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you. And, I hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to see you again. Also, I love this list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list makes me laugh! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, and I wouldn't trade this baby for anything in the world, so don't get me wrong - but my CONS list would be much longer and my PROS list much shorter. But one outweighs them all - in the end, we'll have little baby girls! YAY!

    ReplyDelete