Thursday, November 5, 2009

BOO

Well, the OB told us today that I am not dilated AT ALL. Looks like Baby will likely be overstaying her welcome in Hotel Uterus. Oh well. However disappointed I am, this could work out for the best. I have a Genetics midterm tomorrow and the final a week after. If things work out right, I might be able to finish up this block before Baby comes, and then relax for a bit because my next big exam (Physiology) won't be until mid-December.

Speaking of December, I am already stoked for Christmas. Target has put up snowflakes and Christmas items on display. I think they accomplished this, like, midnight on Oct. 31st. So the Christmas materialism begins, and this year I find myself a willing participant. I have gift ideas and crafty urges and decorating desires at random hours of the day. Yikes! Maybe that is the hidden housewife in me coming out.

Oh well. All of this must wait until the midterm tomorrow. Ribbons, giftwrap, and chocolates must wait until I can properly deduce the viable and inviable gametes of a 45, XY, der(14;21)(q10;q10) Robertsonian translocation carrier, and what fraction of all conceptuses have risk of trisomy 21q.

:)

1 comment:

  1. ... I don't think we even take genetics. Ever. Good thing I had it (or a reasonable facsimile of it) in undergrad!

    And it cracked me up to hear you refer to your belly as Hotel Uterus.

    ReplyDelete