Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Use Crying Over Spilt Wine

Sometimes in life, things happen. Babies poop over everything in a 3-foot radius. Chicken soup spoils because it was left outside overnight. And wine bottles break when the paper bag handle snaps.

Miriam DID poop over EVERYTHING. I thought she'd finished her explosive expulsion of fecal matter, but as soon as I opened her diaper she proved me utterly wrong. A solid jet of mustard-colored, seedy baby poo shot straight out from her bum, neatly bypassing her crib slats and staining the grown-up bed beyond. Nice.

I also left out a container of delicious chicken soup with homemade stock and hand-made pesto egg noodles last night. No bueno.

And as I was just about to set down the bag of groceries with tonight's wine in it, the handle snapped and the bottle broke on my toe, which is now bruised and unhappy.

But, everything above ended with a laugh, so life is good. As my undergrad chemistry advisor's door sign read: "When life pisses in your pool, add chlorine and keep swimming."

So we rescued some of the wine pooled in the bottom of the bag with whatever scooping device was handy. We got the last little bit by lifting up the bag and letting the wine filter through into the measuring cup.

It's a Spanish red wine by the way... with a slight hint of paper bag!

2 comments:

  1. This made me want to cry and laugh at the same time. Meaning I laugh reading about it but can imagine crying experiencing it... :) Good job on salvaging the wine, though! You are resourceful!

    ReplyDelete