Friday, August 21, 2009

I kinda miss Tulsa...

...but I miss Tulsa friends and family more! Looking at facebook pictures of friendly faces makes one nostalgic.

It is the weekend already, and my little sister is leaving for her college tomorrow. She'll be a sophomore. Andrew is picking up some gourmet cheese from his work, Molto Formaggio, to celebrate tonight at my parents' house. If you ever have a hankering for really, really quality cheese in Dallas, this cheese shop is the place to go.



I'll be studying and cleaning today. I am beginning to see how the life of a married medical student might be a lonely one. Most everyone else has a med student roommate or at least lives in the proximity of a lot of other students, and their schedules and free evenings permit random study sessions, going out at night, 3 a.m. IHOP runs, etc. It was bonding times like these that made me all my friends during undergrad, so not having the freedom to be that spontaneous anymore might mean relationships at medical school will have to be fought for :). Well, I'm not opposed to a challenge, and I suppose that the friends I do make will be well worth keeping!

And besides: being married has its benefits. Lots and lots of them :) :) :). Like life-long companionship, sharing a common goal of building a family together, unparalleled intimacy, unconditional love, the comfort of knowing there is at least ONE other person in the world as weird as you are...

Yup. Being married has its perks. I wouldn't trade it for anything..............well............. maybe a passing grade on this upcoming Biochem test.........NOPE! Perish the thought! Andrew is the best thing that ever happened to me, and the second best thing that ever happened to me is kicking up a storm. I think Baby is caffeinated, ha.

I spent some time cleaning up my desktop yesterday, and I re-decorated my dock icons.

HELLO KITTY!

1 comment:

  1. No doubt in my mind...with your personality...you will not have to fight hard for those friendships! What an amazing point in life to be...Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete