Friday, August 28, 2009

I really needed Taco Bell bean burritos...

Today I had a craving for bean burritos from Taco Bell. I sent Andrew these two text messages during my biochemistry lecture this morning:

1. 11:32 a.m. HUNGRY
2. 11:33 a.m. I WANT A TACO BELL BEAN BURRITO

He replied: "We'll find you a burrito." What a sweet man. He made me a breakfast of eggs, yogurt and fruit that morning (at 9:20 a.m.) but something went awry in the hunger department and I was famished before noon, craving no less than a Taco Bell burrito. Cheesy, beany, mild-sauce-soaked om-nom-ness.

WAIT. I have to digress. Dear, valued older readers: have you ever heard of the onnom phenom? The Urban Dictionary defines it to be:

1. An onomatopoeical adjective based on the sound emitted when something is "oh so tasty"
2. The sound of ravenous eating. Popularized by the character Cookie Monster on Sesame street, it is now used commonly in speech, especially among younger people. Cookie Monster exclaims "OM NOM NOM NOM" when gobbling down cookies (and whatever else goes in his mouth).

The onnom phenom is really best described, however, with a picture:



ON NOM NOM!

Ha, all right. Now you know. It's been around awhile, but it still retains its silly awesomeness. Back to story...

When Andrew picked me up, we drove aimlessly towards downtown to try to find a Taco Bell. We looped around on a highway... circled the city...got lost...didn't see a Bell...then decided to Google our way. We went back to the apartment, looked up locations of Taco Bell and headed out. The first location didn't exist, the second was back where UTSW was! To wrap up, we spent over an hour driving around trying to find some very, very, nasty onnom food. I ate two bean burritos and an apple pastry an was happy as a clam. Andrew ate his burritos and felt sick. Hehehe... Oh, the things one can get away with when one is a pregnant woman!


So today was the last day of lecture before our next test. I am feeling pretty good about it, actually. Good enough to be sitting here calmly blogging and not feeling my heart rate go up at the thought of my first medical school exam. This evening we are having David and Kathryn crash at our place, and tomorrow we are having a dinner + study session with a colleague of mine from school and her husband. The weekend looks promising from where I sit!

2 comments: