Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Doctor is In

My stethoscope came this week!! I chose a 3M Littmann Cardiology III in a plum color.

The next thing I need to do is find myself a good diagnostic kit. I might also invest in a blood pressure cuff so I can practice on family members.

Somehow, obtaining my first piece of medical equipment makes me feel just a little more legit. I'm sure my classmates will agree. We also get our white coats during our white coat ceremony in mid-October. I suppose that will help us feel a little more like doctors in training, and less like biochem/anatomy slaves.

My next OB appointment is next week, and I realized I need to get on the ball about finding a pediatrician and pre-registering for maternity stay at the hospital! I am drawing up a list of questions to ask on my next visit.

Meanwhile, tonight is Jason's pre-birthday party! He turns nine tomorrow (time sure flies) and he requested a sushi party for dinner. SCORE. Nice to have a little brother with good taste. Andrew is going to pick up a present (Legos, per request) tonight and we are going to wrap it in a comically over-sized package.

So, in preparation for tonight, it is time to study.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you get your doctor tools already? We don't get them until Jan, I think.

    We had our white coat ceremony before school started. Not gonna lie, it was really affirming. There is nothing cooler at this early stage.

    ReplyDelete