After 70 hours of study represented in 99 test questions, my first medical school exam is complete! I feel confident about the outcome: I probably didn't ace it, but I know I didn't fail. Unless, of course, all that studying has led to biochem-induced delusions...To celebrate this most excellent evening, I am indulging in a fun post with lots of pictures!
First, for all you coffee lovers in the Dallas area, Andrew and I recently visited an awesome coffeeshop near downtown that is just fantastic.
Check it out: Urban Dog Coffee.
The coffee is very good. Nothing will ever beat Doubleshot, but I really like the atmosphere at Urban Dog. It's not too big, or crowded. There are comfy chairs and a nice couch and tables and cool, trendy art by local artists. Everything a decent coffeeshop ought to have :). While we were there, a photographer was setting up his show for a silent auction that evening. Anyway, it's a cool shop. It has the best lighting in the evenings, too... good homey sunshine.
I also thought this cup was hilarious.

Just a little cup of joe, right? Think again!!

It's a bowl of coffee! (Don't worry, it was decaf :P)

That same day we found Urban Dog, Andrew and I saw some interesting vehicles on the road. This first one was a crane. This picture can only show you half of the sucker: it was HUGE! Tires as big as me!

And the next vehicle was a police car. Not a sweet cruiser like this mythical creature...
No, Dallas doesn't apparently treat its sheriffs to such luxury.

Seriously? I'm not sure I would even stop if one of these clunkers tried to pull me over :).
To change subjects one last time, Andrew has been Mr. Awesome this week. He is still getting the hang of cleaning up, but the food has been GREAT. To get your salivary glands going, here is a menu of this week's fare.
Dinner ala Andrew
SUNDAY
Italian risotto with fresh grated Pecorino cheese
MONDAY
Roast leg of lamb with garlic cloves and rosemary
Soy-sauce sauteed spinach and onion
TUESDAY
Honey and soy-sauce marinated steaks
Summer salad with fresh strawberries and aged gouda, tossed in red wine honey vinaigrette
French baguette
TODAY
Steak fajitas with avocado, sweet corn, black beans, mushrooms, green peppers
Home-made cilantro-tomato salsa with green chile tortilla chips
What can I say? I love my hubby :).


Your dinners sound amazing... if I was in Dallas, I'd totally cook 2 days a week for you both just to get in on that...
ReplyDelete