Wednesday, September 9, 2009

For the Love of Food

Because I don't feel like studying for the next few minutes, I will blog about something that touches the heart of men and women all over the world... FOOD!

The act of eating marks an important, intimate time for families and friends every where, every day, several times a day. Can any of you think of any major holidays that don't also involve copious amounts of food!? We all love to eat!

And so, in celebration of food, I will describe what Andrew made for dinner tonight. What began as a simple plan for "vegetables" turned into a gourmet experience. Of course, this is Andrew we are talking about. He is not a "leftovers" kind of cook.

First, he brought home Castelvano olives and a young French chevre. The olives are buttery green gems with a smooth finish on the palate: none of that sour after-taste that I hate in bad olives. The chevre is a creamy and tangy delight to the senses.


He paired the two with a white bordeaux wine with strong hints of grapefruit, and the "vegetables" turned out to be cherry tomatoes, crisp snowpeas, yellow onion and tender chicken sauteed in olive oil and homemade pesto.



Complement that with a crunchy French baguette, nutty roasted garlic fresh out of the oven, and strawberry jam to spread on the chevre, and we had a feast.


P.S.

I had this post all typed up and done, and then I realized how /perfectly/ it tied into today's lecture on amino acid synthesis and low-carb diets. Behold this picture from our first hour of lecture:


72 oz steak = 4.5 pounds of meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's Texans for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment